Saturday, October 24
The New Delaware Genealogical Research Guide: A Look Between the Covers (Member Meetings)
The Research Guide Committee will give us a virtual walk-through of the new edition, showing how it is organized and its extensive, updated, user-friendly approach to Delaware resources and repositories. Free and open to the public. Registration required; register now. Click here to register
or use the QR code.
Margaret Canby Gause Bramble
Margaret passed away earlier this year on April 2, 2020. She was a long-time member of the Delaware Genealogical Society, having joined in 1985. She also was a direct descendant of Joseph Tatnall, who supplied George Washington's troops during the Revolutionary War and hosted him at the house he built in 1770 in Wilmington. The DGS board extends our condolences to Margaret's family. Her obituary can be found here: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?pid=195901880
Get Your Family History Questions Answered!
The latest upgrade to our website allows members to have their genealogical questions answered faster than ever before!
“Ask DGS” is a new forum on the Members section of the website where you can unleash the power of crowdsourcing. Now you can quickly and easily:
- Get help with your Delaware ancestors from other members who have researched the same families.
- Learn about that obscure Delaware source that might hold the answer to your elusive brick wall.
- Connect with a person who frequents an archive or repository where your record is located and who will look for your record on their next visit.
- Make friends and correspond with other members with similar interests in specific families or groups, such as Quakers, African-Americans, Dupont employees, Swedes, or shipyard workers. The possibilities are endless!
This is a work in progress. The DGS will be monitoring the forum and making updates as needed. Send any feedback to email@example.com
Here is the procedure to access the new Ask DGS Forum:
- Access www.delgensoc.org.
- Click on Member in the blue column to the left. The Member Sign-in Window will appear.
- Sign in with your member login and password. Click Login. The Members section will open.
- Click Research in the blue column to the left. The Research page will open.
- Click Query Forums in the Contents section of the page.
Welcome to the Delaware Genealogical Society, a place for all genealogists to meet and share their knowledge and experiences. The Society endeavors to be the primary source of information about Delaware families, as well as a trusted provider of genealogical education and assistance for all of our members.
This mission is accomplished through our monthly seminar program, a Society newsletter, the DGS Delaware Families blog and this website which contains general Delaware guidance for all and Delaware specific content in a Members Only section. This web site is for you, the membership, and we look forward to your input to ensure it meets your needs.