Personal information that the Delaware Genealogy Society (DGS) collects and publishes falls into two categories: membership data and genealogical data. We regard your personal information as confidential and do not sell or give it to anyone. We do not share your personal information with other parties except as noted below. The following policies govern our collection, use, sharing, and
publication of your personal information:
Membership data includes your name, home/mailing address, telephone number, email address, membership date, membership number, and log-in information to access the Members Only section of our website.
We ask you to provide membership data when you join and renew your membership, and as changes occur. This information is used to manage our membership rolls, to communicate with you by postal mail and email, to grant you access to the Members Only section of the DGS website, or to fulfill any orders placed with our online store.
We provide membership data to the company that provides website services to DGS for website management only and they are not authorized to use this data for any other purpose. We do not sell or give our membership list or members’ email addresses to any other outside company or organization except in accordance with law or as noted below.
Your Rights to Your Information
International privacy rules give you rights over personally identifying information collected for website purposes, including the right to withdraw any consent previously given; the right to review data that’s been collected; the right to correct or update your data; the right to have any portable information transferred to another data controller; and the right to have any personally-identifying information erased. You may view your personal information in the Members > Profile tab. You may modify your username and password online. Please send any other change requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail to the address below.
Genealogical data includes the names of individuals, their dates and places of birth, marriage, and death, relationships to other persons, biographical information, and photographs.
Members and non-members provide genealogical data which we may publish in paper and/or electronic formats: our newsletter, DGS Journal, website, and elsewhere.
We do not publish dates of birth of persons known to be living, or who were born within the last 100 years (excepting tombstone transcriptions), without the consent of the contributor of that information. To the extent that contributors provide it, the names, relationships, and places of birth and localities of such persons may be published. Any such information which we have published in the past is in the public domain and there is no practicable way to remove it.
Content Submitted by You (“Submissions”)
“Submissions” means all photographs, genealogical data, comments, feedback, suggestions, e-mail, and similar information or materials you submit to us including articles, manuscripts, video, artwork, or other material. In sending the material, you are representing and agreeing that:
- You are the author of the Submission or that you are making the Submission with the express permission of the author-owner.
- The Submission is free from restrictions on publication and does not infringe or violate any existing copyright or other property right that exists in favor of any other person or entity.
- You are granting us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute and or display such Submissions, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now known or hereafter developed.
- You automatically waive any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights, or any other right, including the right to approve the way we use such content.
- You are responsible for the content of all Submissions and acknowledge that third parties may hold you responsible for content-related claims including libel, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, and disclosure of confidential information.
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold us (including directors, steering committee, and active members) harmless from all liability and costs incurred by those indemnified in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of the above representations and warranties and for any claims related to the content or your Submissions.
- We have the right to disclose any information that we believe necessary to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request or that information that could prevent or assist in the resolution of any criminal, illegal, or inappropriate activity.
Credit Card Details
Delaware Genealogical Society
505 N Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Reviewed and approved by Delaware Genealogy Society, August 2021